Saturday 12 January 2013

Case Study Challenge #123

A new month, a new year and a new muse at the Case Study Challenge!
I have only just recently discovered Amber's blog Damask Love and am in awe of her many talents!!! This is the card we have to case this week:-

Isn't this spectacular!



I've been trying to stretch myself and think outside the square when I case a card, so I have avoided using pink and hearts. If you put 2 hearts together you get a butterfly - so here is my idea!

The butterfly stamps are from Darkroom door - I tried to stamp randomly - it's quite a skill, which takes a lot of practice! The sentiment is computer generated. The butterfly embellishment is shrink plastic.
The orange card was originally white - I inked it with orange pigment ink and embossed with mystique
embossing powder. I'm getting in to making my own background papers in order to make the colours co-ordinate.



9 comments:

  1. I just ADORE the beautiful colors you used on this amazing card! And the sentiment is amazing! I hope you have time to play with us this week at Inkspirational and this month at Technique Tuesday! I would LOVE to see what you create for these two challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic! What a wonderful take on the inspiration, and the colours you chose... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly stunning card Jenny - I love the colours and that gorgeous butterfly. Fantastic CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this card is absolutely delightful! LOVE the subtle stamping; it looks perfectly random! I also like the shrink plastic butterfly, it coordinates so well with your stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! I love butterflies! This is absolutely beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! Really delicate! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous subtle colors!! I really like this!
    Thanks for your blog visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love those softly stamped butterflies...a subtle and beautiful effect! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete