Wednesday 16 January 2013

Moxie Fab World- Challenge #49 Make your own Background

Over at Moxie Fab World there are lots of fun challenges to kick start our creativity.
This card is for  the 'Make your own background paper' challenge.



I decided to challenge myself and instead of doing a repetitive pattern, I used a collection of stamps and distress ink to create a watercolour background. The stamps are mostly from Kaisercraft and Pink Paislee.

The sentiment is die cut, inked with an ombre effect and then coated with glossy accents. The butterfly is die cut and then stamped and distressesed to match the background. I machine stitched a border for contrast.

I can see lots of mistakes (i.e. the words should be closer together), but I'm quite happy with the overall effect.

4 comments:

  1. I love the subtle look of the card..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft background and butterfly, very pretty. ♥ waving hi from the " it's never going to stop raining" hills of North Carolina ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so serene and absolutely delightful! LOVE the stitching, and what you've done with the sentiment is FANTASTIC! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenny! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete