Tuesday 26 March 2013

Moxie Fab World - 2 Challenges /2 Cards


Hi, this is my second post today! I'm at home looking after my daughter who is recovering from Appendicitis, so in between being nurse, I'm putting some finishing touches to unfinished projects.

The first card is for the Moxie Fab Chevron challenge - another Easter card.


The background stamp is Christy Tomlinson Poppy Chevron - I have stamped with Versa colour
Pink Petal, then brushed pearl white perfect pearls over the image. Next I used some pale water colour paint in green and yellow and flicked it over the image.  The bunny and metal garland come from a local Homewares store and I altered them to suit the card.
I am also entering this card in the Scrapbook Boutique challenge and the Simon Says - Anything Goes Challenge.


The second card is for the Moxie Fab World Emphasise the Negative Challenge.






































Now I need to explain how I did this and why it fits this challenge (I hope)
1. Used a mask on a piece of scrap paper and sprayed mist
2. Removed the mask and dried the paper
3. I carefully cut out the negative with a craft knife
4. I then laid my 'new mask' on a piece of canvas and used a stamp to get the pink pattern
5. Dried the pattern with heat gun and then inked over it with versa mark and used clear embossing powder
6. Put the original mask over this image and sprayed the background with glimmer mist

This card was really a bit of experimentation for me.  I didn't really think about the colours -
I just used what I had.  I was quite pleased that I got the effect I wanted. Now I'm  really got me pining for a Silhouette!











7 comments:

  1. Wow, so interested in the different steps you took to make this card! What a fun time you must have had playing around. A great result, indeed! This is a card you could really stare at for awhile : ) Also love the metal embellishments on your first card. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are fabulous. Love that sweet little ring of flowers surrounding the bunny and your 'negative' flower is genius.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love those colours :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenny! Thanks for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Car slovenly cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrabook Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jenny! Thanks also for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete