Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Watercolour Wonder

Well, I've been having lots of fun playing around with inks again this week thanks to the watercolour challenge at Moxie Fab World.  I must say that watercolour is my favourite style of art and I am envious of people who have the talent to just pick up a brush and paint! But that doesn't mean I can't
still have some fun of my own. So here is the 1st of my offerings....


For this card, I used distress ink pads on an acetate sheet and spritzed with water. I then 'walked' the stamp through the ink and stamped on watercolour paper, leaving it a bit longer than usual to absorb the watery ink.  The edge of the watercolour paper was sponged with distress ink and mounted on a black card.  The image stamps are from Kaisercraft and the sentiment is from Amy Tangerine.





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercolor technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this, Jenny! I like how the colour has leached and pooled, gives it a really dreamy quality. And I love the rainbow of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and purty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i just wanna giggle and squeal at the gorgeousness of this card. i love it so much
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenny! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete