Wednesday 26 June 2013

A Touch of Gold! PTI blog hop and Let's Get Trendy Day3

This is the first time in ages of managed to enter a blog hop - I always seem to hear about them after the deadline. Amazingly, I made this card a few days ago and I didn't make it for any challenge but just for fun.  I found the off-cut of paper in my stash and it inspired me to make a card. So imagine my surprise when I saw that the Papertrey Ink have a challenge to make a card with a touch of gold.  Lucky I used a Papertrey Ink sentiment. You can join the fun here if you're quick. I am also entering this in the Lets Get Trendy Now!3 Day3 - homemade embellishments.





The butterfly was stamped with gold ink on shrink plastic and then I shrunk it with a heat gun - it always feel like magic when I use shrink plastic.
The rose is an earring from a discount shop, the diamante is very old from my Mum's stash, the bird is from Prima, not sure about the star, the centred of the butterfly is broken off a pin and the cameo is from a local craft shop. So I call this a serendipitous card.

13 comments:

  1. Nice card Jenny, love all those little elements on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! Such a NEAT Card and a Fun take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when the stars align in just the right way! Your card was meant to be! Very pretty. So glad you were able to hop along too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB touch of gold Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that background paper, it just calls out for embellies, and the sentiment looks so good framed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is refreshing Jenny. Cool paper and such a fun assortment of trinkets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this layout. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a classy card! Love your fabulous embellishments.

    Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a neat card. Love how you created the background and all the fabulous embellishments you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at Let's Get Trendy Now! 3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooooooooo beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Trendy 3!!!!

    ReplyDelete