Tuesday 4 June 2013

Moxie Fab World - Gift challenge

This is my second post for the day. I posted earlier about being Moxie Fabber of the Week, much to my surprise and excitement. If you want to see it click here for my post and here for Moxie Fab World.

I recently went to a Papercraft Fair in Melbourne and learnt how to do patchwork with paper.
You can buy complicated patterns, like quilts, but I don't have any of those yet.   I decided to decorate this box with some co-ordinating paper. I must say it's quite therapeutic and I love sewing on paper.
I went for a (very) shabby chic style. I sanded the edges and then swiped them with Picket fence distress stain.



The paper is from Kaisercraft Porcelain Rose paper pad.

Then I made a tag to go with it!
Sorry for over exposed photos!
I'm entering this in the MFW Gift Challenge and Tag Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! GREAT job on decorating this box and creating the tag! And congrats on your Moxie Fab feature today! Well-deserved honor, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come to your site from Moxiefab world. Congratulations. I think I have some goodies from the same lady - but mine are still in the packet! Wonderful work. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenny! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Tag Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenny! Thanks also for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I have a music box that I've had since I was a kid and have never liked the colours/design on it. But I've never thought of recovering it. The clasp is the same as on your box here which made me think of it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabulous project. I really love the added burlap on the tag too!

    ReplyDelete