Tuesday 8 October 2013

Golden Thanks!

I've had this idea in my head ever since Cath set us the challenge to use gold. I wanted to use gold foil on a card. I bought some foil the other day, but it turned out to be more plastic than foil! So then I remembered I had some gold leaf, which is really multi coloured - in fact perfect Fall colours. So this is the result...




I die-cut the leaf from gold paper, swiped it with versa mark ink, sprinkled Stuck on You bonding powder on the leaf, heat set and then rubbed the gold leaf over the the die-cut. I decided to run it through the Cuttlebug again to get the definition of the leaf.
It would have been quicker to leave the die-cutting till last, but I didn't want to waste the gold leaf.

I wonder if this is my last card for the MFW All that Glitters is Gold - I am definitely addicted!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous leaf, it's so striking!!!

    ReplyDelete