It is Shari Caroll's last week as the muse at Case study challenge , so I didn't want to miss the chance to case her stunning card.
I began with a piece of SSS blue card stock and stamped the Hero Arts Friends text background.
Next I did some layer stamping with the butterfly from Darkroom Door and the leaves from Clearly Besotted. When the panel was dry, I stamped the white sentiment from Kaisercraft and the black sentiment from Hero Arts. I die cut the butterflies from the panel and mounted it on a black base.
Then I die cut the butterflies again from white glitter paper and placed them in the negative space.
At this stage, I realised it really needed a border, so I did some stitching and then added a few sequins.
NB: Murphies Law - If you do the stitching after everything else is finished, you will most likely suff things up! Yep, the thread kept getting jammed and the tension was all over the place! You should see the back!
ETA: I'm entring this card in Simon Says Wednesday Challenge where the theme is to Emboss.