Sunday 17 August 2014

Casing Gayatri

Today I have made a card for the second week of the Case Study 4th Anniversary Celebrations. Once again we get to case a card by one of the participants in the blog hop. I chose Gayatri's card because I loved the bold colours and stencilling.



This is Gayatri's card


This is my take...






I cut the damask pattern with my Silhouette and then used it as a stencil. After I'd finished, I decided it looked more dramatic with the stencil as a frame. I off-set it a little to get the white shadow.
In keeping with Gayatri's card, I mounted the panel on the card base with dimensional foam then added the single jewell. I thought about more bling and a sentiment, but decided I wanted the pattern to be centre stage!

7 comments:

  1. Wow I love ur take on Gayatri's card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! (Use this word too much on your blog!) Great way you colored the inside stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh! Stunning!!! love the stenciling with the overlay! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the colours against the black :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not savvy with the techniques circling around but I don't believe I've seen this one before! Amazing with the stencil put back in and offset!

    ReplyDelete