Monday 6 April 2015

Spring Flower

Hi there.  I hope you've enjoyed a peaceful Easter. I managed to sneak in a day at our beach house, enjoying walks in the Autumn sun and playing with some new craft goodies.

I was planning to enter this card in the Simon Monday Challenge {Pastel} challenge, but I missed the deadline.  Never mind. I was also inspired by 2 cards in the CASEplorations gallery - the blue rose from Cornelia's card and the reverse stencil background in Shery's card - I put them together to come up with my 'CASE' card.

I used a combination of distress markers and Memento dye ink to colour the stencil, spritzed it liberally and placed the watercolour paper over the stencil. I left it for a few minutes to let it soak in.  When dry , I added some splatter.
The stencil is called 'bubbles' from STAMPlorations and the rose is from STAMPlorations Blossom Overture. The tag is cut with a Papertrey Ink die. I stamped the rose with distress ink and then pulled the colour in with a aqua brush. When dry, I stamped it again and clear embossed and then fussy cut the flower. I used some watercolour paint on the tag and sponged the edges with the memento ink.  The sentiment was stamped with Memnto dye ink and embossed with pearl powder for a softer look. 


I'm also entering this card in the STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge as I've used all of their products.






Don't forget about the Mixed Media Card Challenge which is also about [Flowers], with an optional element being [basket]. You have until 25 April to enter and there is lots of inspiration on the blog.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely combo CASE!! That rose is just divine!!!! Thanks for joining in the STAMPlorations CASEplorations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft pastel colors you used on your wonderful CASE card, Jenny! It's super artsy! Always thrilled to see your beautiful cards in the STAMPlorations gallery :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty!! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love the soft colors you chose :) So glad you played along CASEplorations !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Jenny! Super reverse stencil and I love the colour combo. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper and STAMPlorations CASEplorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great CASE, Jenny! Perfect combination of stencil background and tag, love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us again in the Inspiration CASE Playground over at STAMPlorations. Good luck with the draw and have a lovely day! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the CASE- absolutely delightful result, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to CASE a combo. Love the pretty colors you used and that background is so cool. Great take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete