Thursday 24 November 2016

A Traditional Christmas Card

Of all the stamps I own, I love my Penny Black brushstroke stamps the best because they never fail to give wonderful results and make me feel a little bit like an artist!

Today I pulled out the 'la fleur rouge'...


Using the MISTI tool and Zig CCRB Markers I applied the colour to the stamp and then blended with water before stamping. Once I stamped it, I blended a bit more on the card with water. I repeated this step a few times. It gives a very loose and fluid effect. Then I stamped the music text with Versamark and wiped gold Pearl-Ex over this. You can see the shimmer in the second photo. I was tempted to add more to the card, but decided to leave it very CAS.

I am entering the following challenges ...
CAS Watercolour Challenge (Text)
Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge (Watercolour)
City Crafter Challenge (Gold)
Simon Monday Challenge (Trio - tastic 3 blooms)






9 comments:

  1. What a beauty Jenny - love the subtlety of the pearl-ex on the music.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are an artist, Jenny! Your flowers are gorgeous (I love these stamps too)! And the bit of musical scrip adds just the right amount of extra to the card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Love that gold embossing! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used gold embossing. Such a gorgeous Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card jenny with that beautiful PB image and love the addition of the gold embossing...thank you so much for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous Christmas card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... this is STUNNING Jenny!! The poinsettias are gorgeous and I love the music stamped at the bottom. Beautiful design! Thanks for sharing at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bautifull card, its great whatercolour work. Thanks for your participation in HLS christmas challange. Hope to se youb in outher next challande. //Zora

    ReplyDelete