Yes it is my third post for today! I've been working on a few things this week and I'm getting them finished today, although I should be outside enjoying the sunshine.
I decided to experiment with Yupo paper, so I watched a few tutorials and then made this card.
I had previously used Alcohol Inks on Yupo and that was sooo much fun! Check out my posts here and here. This time I wanted to try watercolour paints. So I made the background wash with Gansai Tambi paints and then sprinkled salt on it. I left it to dry for a few hours and then stamped the butterflies with Archival ink. I left it overnight and then with a we brush, I removed the colour from the butterflies. I hit a problem here, the black ink was activated too. I'm not sure why, because it should be waterproof, like on gloss paper. I cleaned up the mess and then coloured the butterflies with Zig markers and a touch of water and swooshed it around. When it dried I touched up the black with a black marker.
This was a fun technique and I learnt a few things along the way. I'm entering this in the following challenges:-
Inkspirational - Flutter
NBUS #8 - New Technique and Product
Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge