Thursday 7 June 2018

Autumn Leaf

This is the other card I made for the CAS Mix Up challenge. I've been very inspired by all the beautiful Autumn colours in out streets, so I decided to make a leaf with lots of jewel colours.

I stamped the Japanese poem background and gold embossed. This is an old Hero Arts stamp. Then I added some splatter with distress inks. I covered the chipboard leaf with distress ink and embossed with Opals thick embossing powder. Whilst it was still warm I sprinkled some glitter and rubbed in some gold leaf and other coloured foil. Then I covered with some Versamark ink and repeated the heat embossing until it was all smooth and glossy. I die cut the SSS sentiment from glitter paper.

I'm entering the following challenges:-


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fall colours for your leaf Jenny. Love the browns, golds and coppers. Isn't this a fun technique??!! I'm finding I'm also using some old supplies that have been sitting for ages (mainly glitter that is so messy). Having it melted into the embossing powder adds some wonderful sparkle without as much mess. :) So happy that you are enjoying the technique and playing along with lots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and absolutely gorgeous. So rich and what great texture and wonderful layout. The heat embossing on the background sets off that marvellous leaf perfectly. Great way to use lots of different powders, glitters etc to produce unique and amazing creations. You sure look like you are having fun? Thanks again for adding this stunning card to the gallery at The CAS Mix Up Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - what a stunning card - love the end result on the leaf Jenny. You have inspired me - hopefully I will get to play this weekend, but I have a Tuesday deadline for a couple of embroidery projects too....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful fall leaf, Jenny! Love all the texture and sparkle! The Japanese poem makes a gorgeous background! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up! (This technique is habit forming isn't it!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had lots of creative fun with all your layers of embossing powders, glitter and gold foil on your die cut leaf. Isn't it just such a fun technique, Jenny?!? Thank you for playing along again in our June CAS Mix Up Challenge. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, you definitely did a glorious job on that leaf. Beautiful colours and great design!
    Thank you for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really rocking the layered embossing powders Jenny! LOVE this dark and jeweled leaf with the wonderful text background! thank you for sharing again with the CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete