Sunday, 4 October 2026

CAS Mix Up - Oct '26 - Mixed Media

 It's time for another challenge at CAS Mix Up and this month it's a Mixed Media Challenge. Linda is our host and the theme is 'BLACKOUT TECHNIQUE'. 

We have videos to show you how to use this fun technique over at the CAS Mix Up blog.

This technique can give you quite a grungy look, depending on the Embossing Folder and the method  used.
I swiped the ink pad over the de-bossed panel. I'm not sure how it would have turned out if I'd used a brayer. I think the grunge suits the Autumn leaves and I've splattered some gold paint to bighten things a bit. 

Our wonderful Guest Designer, Darnell and the rest of the Team have
some fabulous inspiration for you.
I hope you'll check us out and join in at

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

                                                                


3 comments:

  1. Your autumn leaves are gorgeous ... love the colours. The splatters of gold is the perfect finishing touch, Jenny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jenny - love the grungy look with the autumnal tones. Blackout technique and I do not agree...... I find it extremely character building...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your beautiful autumn leaves Jenny and the spattered gold paint and gold coloured sentiment look great as finishing touches against the textured card you have used for the background card.. a terrific card. x

    ReplyDelete