Sunday 1 January 2017

Mixed Media Card Challenge #31

Happy New Year to you! I hope 2017 is kind to you!

Thanks to all my lovely blog visitors who take the time to comment and encourage me - I truly appreciate it!

Today I have a card to share for the Mixed Card Challenge - the theme is CHANGE and the optional element is WATER.  I've chosen a butterfly as my symbol of change and lots of water was used in the making of this card!

I used the gorgeous big butterfly stamp from Penny Black Butterfly Trio set. The quote is from Stamper Annonymous and the music script is from Kaisercraft. I used Ground Espresso Distress Ink
and versamark to stamp everything and then clear embossed for a bit of shine and texture. The butterfly was coloured with Brushos and Color Burst. and Distress re-inkers.  I've inked the edges of the card with Distress Stain.

I haven't done anything this grungy for a while and I did enjoy get inky and messy!


I do hope you pop on over to the Mixed Media Card Challenge blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team. I'm sure there will be many different interpretations of the theme.
I hope you have time to play along and if you do, you can link up your cards here.

I am entering this in the Simon Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.


4 comments:

  1. Hello Jenny! Consider me the herald of good news... but to keep some of the mystery and surprise, I'll just tell you to check out Ellen Hutson, if you haven't already done that.
    It looks that you kicked off 2017 in style :)! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner to start the year with Jenny - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Such a fabulous design and I love that beautiful butterfly!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete