Saturday 28 January 2017

Almost Hidden Word

Hello there - if you wish to read further, best put on your sunnies!!! It's another Alcohol ink and Copic Reinker background on Yupo.

This time I thought I would use the background for a technique called 'Hidden Word', which Darnell from DJ KardKreations is encouraging us to try for her NBUS Challenge #9.

I searched Silhouette for a sentiment I liked and found this one - it was perfect because it has 2 layers, slightly different sizes. I cut the background layer in black and white and offset them a touch to make a shadow in black. Then I cut the smaller layer from the background panel and Voila!
Next I had to find a stamp which had never been used and stamped and embossed in white on black card.  The sentiment is from MFT stamps. I added a bit of bling and then mounted it all on a black card.

I've decided this is a very cool way to use a background piece that you don't want to cover in other stuff, if you know what I mean!!!

I am entering this in the following challenges:-

NBUS #9
Simon Wednesday Challenge








7 comments:

  1. I love how your double die cut sentiment adds a white framing so you can see your sentiment better, yet is still a hidden word...very cool. Pretty AI background too. TFS Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this design Jenny! Having the shadow of black and framing of white, your colourful "Thank you" really pops off the gorgeous, bright AI background. Great take on the hidden word ... so creative and unique! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny this is amazing, I love how you did the sentiment and of course all those wonderful colours of alcohol inks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and sunny card Jenny - just right for the weather we are finally getting here over the ditch.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A true one-of-a-kind, Jenny! Isn't that hidden message technique fun? Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sentiment really pops against the beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally know what you mean and love how this turned out, Jenny, both in terms of the vibrant array of colors you achieved on the Yupo and the great hidden word ... not to mention a great choice of sediment in white on black!! Thanks for playing again in #9!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete