Tuesday 22 April 2014

Layered Cake

I made another card for the challenge at A Blog Named Hero, where the theme is 'Layered Cake' - to use layers and dimension.

It's been raining quite heavily, so I felt like making something colourful and cosy!

Whenever I need to make a card with a Hero Arts stamp, I find myself reaching for this set - Antique Flowers and Butterflies - it really is my favourite.


I coloured gelatos and distress ink directly on to the dogwood flowers , adding a touch of water and then stamping, I have used distress markers for the butterflies.  The base card was coloured with ink to match and then embossed. the paper is from Studio Calico and die cut with a Lil Inkers die (thanks Joy and Lyndal!). I really need these dies!  

2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, the doily and embossed background with the pretty flowers are wonderful.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Love the layering and embossing o this card :)

    ReplyDelete