Thursday 29 January 2015

A Few of My Favourite things of 2014

Hello there, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things after my huge holiday - 39 days away! So although I don't have anything new to share, I thought I would play along with my friend Lyndal and share some of my favourite creations of 2014.

In 2014 I continued my love of all things butterflies ...

and then I began a love affair with birds - especially Dina Wakely birds ...

and where there are butterflies and birds, there are usually flowers ...


I had a late start to creating Christmas cards last year, but became very inspired during and after a fun weekend with Lyndal, Cecilia an Chupa. Most of my Christmas Cards were non-traditional this year, which made it even more fun!



Throughout the year I learnt many new techniques and played with some new toys, including my Geliplate, stencils and Silhouette. I rediscovered vellum and experimented with some new and old media, including texture paste, gesso, Gelatos, perfect pearls, water colour paints, acrylic paints, distress paints, distress inks, Twinkling H2Os, Pan Pastels, Copic Markers and metal shims to name a few. I have enjoyed getting to know some other papercrafters better and have even been to 2 retreats and got to create with these new friends. 
Looking at these collages, I can see one main common denominator throughout most of my cards and that is colour! Colour makes me so happy! 

Here is one last collage to give you a glimpse of what I have been up to over the holidays.



2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for joining in the fun on my blog Jenny! Can't wait to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with birds, butterflies and flowers - and colour is definitely the theme! I've been meaning to join in with this - better get A into G!

    ReplyDelete