Friday 1 April 2016

Mixed Media Card Challenge #22 Sunshine

Happy April Fool's Day! This is no joke though, it's the beginning of another Mixed Media Card Challenge and the theme this month is *SUNSHINE* with the option to included *BRICKS* in your project. This is what I came up with ....



Do not ask me why, but for some reason I became fixated on including a rooster in my card! To make the background I light sponged the bottom portion of the card  with Fired Brick Distress Ink and then stencilled the bricks with the same ink. Next I added more detail with Aged Mahogany. Pumice Stone and Fired Brick markers - I wanted it to look rough, like an aged country wall.  Then I sponged the rest of the card with Mustard Seed ink and stamped the sunbeams with a Darkroom Door Stamp. I wasn't that happy with the result, so I used a watercolour brush and Spiced Marmalade ink to make a more abstract effect. Next came the Rooster. I didn't have a stamp, I thought about a Silhouette cut file, but in the end I went with a free digital image from The Graphic Fairy and used TAP paper to transfer the image.  To finish, I stamped the sentiment from Concord & 9th, the machine stitching and matted the panel.

So now it is your turn to join in the fun at the Mixed Media Card Challenge - you can link your card up here and get lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

5 comments:

  1. I think the rooster is perfect for this, Jenny! He's definitely got something to crow about with that brilliant sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative you were to get the images, colors and designs you were looking for! love that rooster perched on your wonderful brick wall - the colors are so deep and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally made it over here to tell you how much I love this warm and beautiful card. (OK, I have a thing for roosters and chickens) It is buy-it-in-a-store beautiful, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a clever take on this months theme!!! fab card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love this - you should frame it!

    ReplyDelete