Thursday 10 January 2019

Fusion Birthday Celebration

I was delighted to be asked by Lyndal of  Ideas and Paper fame, to be her guest at the Fusion Card Challenge, where they are celebrating their  5th Birthday - Congrats!!!

I was inspired by the photo and loosely followed the sketch...




I began by swiping some distress inks on my craft sheet, spritzing with water and then smooshing  a piece of white Bristol Card on the ink. I did each colour separately and dried between layers. I then added a splatter of orange. The next step was to die cut this sheet and another piece of white card, so that the border would be white.  There is some orange peeking out from under the centre butterfly. I die-cut the banner with co-ordinating smooshed card and stamped the sentiment, which is from Inspired by Stamping. The die is from SSS.


I'm so glad Lyndal asked me to be her guest - she knows how much I love butterflies!

I hope you will pop on over to Lyndal's blog and leave some love, as well as visiting the Fusion Card Challenge to see the rest of the inspiration and join in the fun!



7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the bright tiny spatters of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card Jenny - love your butterflies, and the way you smooshed the paper before cutting them adds so much interest!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the line of fluttering butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and a great technique! The pop of orange behind the butterflies is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to be asked to be a GD, Jenny! Your butterflies are gorgeous! Love the touch of orange with the soft green and yellow!

    ReplyDelete