Sunday 16 February 2020

CAS Mix Up & CAS Watercolor reminders

Hi again. I'm back to remind you about our February challenges.

Firstly at CAS Mix Up, Joanna is our host and she's challenging you to use a die-cut for a stencil.

Die-cut Stencil, Acrylic paint, Heat Embossing & Stamping

I bought a new paint that I thought was dimensional, but it was still still a bit fluid, so my 1st attempt ended up in the bin (trash) - I had scraped it over the die cut and it bled under the edges. So this time I sponged on the paint. I did it a few times, drying it in between layers. You can't tell from the pic, but it's a shimmery paint. To get the sentiment to match, I used a white ink pad and silver pearl embossing powder. To finish, I mounted it on the base card and added some pearls. 

The die is from Tim Holtz Sizzix and the stamp is from Stamplorations.


This month the talented Ina is our Guest Designer and you can see her card and more inspiration from the the DT at the blog.


Next up is my card for this month's CAS Watercolour Challenge. Marcia is our host and she's challenged us to play with Red & Black this month.


I stamped Penny Black's 'SpringBlossoms' using Zig Markers. Then I added detail to the blossoms with Gansai Tambi watercolour paint. Then I took a damp brush and went around the image to make the colour bleed. To finish I mounted on a black card base and stamped the sentiment from Altenew.



This was an earlier attempt, which was much looser in style...


We have the delightful Michelle, from 'I Card Everybody' as our Guest Designer this month. You can see Michelle's card and more inspiration from our DT over at the CAS Watercolour blog.

I'm sharing my die-cut stencil card at the following challenge:-


I'm sharing my watercolour card at the following challenge:-


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)


20 comments:

  1. I can see the shimmer on these gorgeous flowers and it's a stunning card with all that white shimmer on the black background! Love the red blooms on the branch that has a bit of an Oriental feel! The font of the sentiment is such a perfect fit for the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shimmery flowers are gorgeous against the black card, Jenny! Great idea to sponge the liquidy paint ... that worked really well. Your silver pearl embossed sentiment looks like it's perfectly matched.

    Your watercolour cherry blossom branch is STUNNING! Seriously, I LOVE IT! Great work my friend! Love the watery bleed ... so beautiful and also artsy. Your sympathy card is awesome too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Spring Blossom card Jenny, you've watercolored it beautifully, I love the washy look, and that's a fab sentiment stamp... gorgeous, hugs Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards Jenny! Well done with that stencil... It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two FABULOUS cards Jenny! LOVE the shimmery white against the black on your 1st card...so elegant looking! Your 2nd card is STUNNING!! Absolutely love the pink shades against the red you achieved with the water...definitely has an oriental feeling and is just lovely!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant card with the silver paint on black card stock. Love the depth accomplished by adding layers, truly beautiful. Your red and black watercolour card is lovely too, has a Japanese garden feel to it. Looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stenciled roses look gorgeous against the black panel, Jenny! I'm sure the shimmer from the paint looks prettier in real life. Great job of matching the sentiment! Your spring blossoms remind me of my hometown. Cherry blossoms are beautiful in April there. Love the way you bled the colors. The image looks fluid and artsy.
    I often end up making more than one card for the challenge too, so reading the "my 1st attempt" part made me smile. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are stunning Jenny, the silver and black are so classic and your cherry blossom card is gorgeous. Love that loose watercolour :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of these cards! (I guess I should say, all three - I like the looser watercolour one, too.) Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two stunning cards Jenny. Love the black and white design, those roses are so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a classy and elegant first card with a great job using the stencil. Such a delicate a pretty second card and so feminine x. Thanks for sharing the looser styled one too x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you colored the Spring Blossoms! Wonderful card!

    Thank you for participating in the Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next HLS Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Happy Little Stampers

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW wonderful cards, I love the second one ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I so meant to join in with the CAS Mix up! So many challenges and never enough time! I love your beautiful stencilled flowers Jenny, and the shimmer must look even more gorgeous in real life! The blossom bough is lovely too and I have filled away the 'going round the image with a damp paintbrush' tip for future reference! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both lovely cards, but I'm amazed at the cherry blossom card! I really need to practice with my Zigs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very appreciable blog found today tips and methods for cleaning services purpose and you can also find out the House cleaning services in Visakhapatnam at cost-effective price.

    ReplyDelete