Wednesday 1 June 2016

Mixed Media Card Challenge #24

Welcome! Down here in Australia it's the first day of Winter, but the card I'm sharing today is much more evocative of Summer!

Yes, it's a new month, so we are starting a new Mixed Media Card Challenge and the theme this month is SUNSET with the optional element being POSTAGE STAMP.

Now my first reaction was, how on earth do I combine these 2 things, but I scrummaged through my stash and found the stamp and some Washi tape and this is the result ....




I used some canvas card stock which works well with Pan Pastels. I began by sponging distress inks (masking the Sun) and then went over that with some red, raw umber and metallic gold Pan Pastels. Then removed the mask, stamped the trees (STAMPlorations) and some background images , including the postage stamp and then added the Washi tape. I used a distress marker and water to colour the sun. Next I sponged around the edge of the card with some distress inks and the Pan Pastels and matted the panel on a black base card. To finish off, I added the Kangaroos, cut on the silhouette and a few birds with a black marker.

I think I've done an okay job of creating a scene of sunset in the Australian Bush. What do you think?


Why don't you pop on over to the Mixed Media Card Challenge blog and see what the rest of the team have created and then if you'd like to join in the fun, link up your card here.

6 comments:

  1. Couldn't wait to get here to say... SO. ABSOLUTELY. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the heat from that Aussie sunset! I love that you've stamped the postage stamps as part of the background, and how the foreground fades into the distance. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very typical Aussie sunset - wonderful creation Jenny.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canvas cardstock? Color me intrigued!! OOoo I just love the rich depth of color you've achieved here. Your scene is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow just looked at this one, you have done a brilliant job with this. True Aussie scene.

    ReplyDelete