Wednesday 22 June 2016

Winter Sunshine

Hello there lovelies! We just had Winter Solstice here in Australia and after a couple of days of rain we have a glorious sunshiney day!

I received some new stamps the other day - more birds - YAY! As soon as I saw these Prima stamps by Jamie Dougherty, I knew I had to have them . So here is my first play with them.


I stamped the bird with Archival ink on Canson Acrylic/Oil sketch paper and coloured the bird using Zig CCRB marker, acrylic ink, and glitter pen. The bird was outlined with a light grey to make it stand out.  Next I stamped the flowers and hand sketched the bough. I then lightly coloured the background with Pan Pastel and then stamped some text with versamark ink and went over it with a darker shade of Pan Pastel to create interest and depth. The edges of the card were swiped with the pan pastel and some splatters finished the artsy look.
I'm entering this in the Craft Stamper Take it, Make it challenge - Lets Get Inky


4 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny this is such a striking and very pretty card - love the 'winter' colour palette you have used. We are now receiving the rain you sent our way after your drenching last week - please send some of that sunshine too, and soon :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty .... love the colours. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the strong images and bold colours, Jenny! That bird is gorgeous :) Glad to see it in the Craft Stamper gallery xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! LOVE the bird Jenny ... and gorgeous colours you've used. Very tropical looking, which is probably how hot it is for you now that the sun is shining. xx

    ReplyDelete