Friday 24 August 2018

Blue Orchid

Hi there, I'm catching up from all the days I've missed posting on the blog! This is my 4th post in 2 days!

When I saw the inspiration photo for the Altenew Challenge, I immediately thought of the vibrant Orchids you can get in Singapore. I stamped the 'Oriental Orchids' on watercolour paper using Zig markers and lots of water. Then I stamped the outlines with Delicata Gold Ink. I cut a panel for the sentiment, and painted a light wash of green and then stamped over it in the gold ink.  To finish, I added a strip of glitter gold paper, some sequins and mounted on a gold card base. 

I'm entering the following challenges:-





9 comments:

  1. A stunning card Jenny - love the vibrant colours of the orchids and the gold finishing touches.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant, Jenny! Love those vibrant blue orchids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jenny, the colour is stunning. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and I agree Singapore has some vibrant orchids, wish I could grow them like that if I could grow orchids at all. Beautiful and vibrant blue here.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jenny! Those orchids are the most vibrant colours. The blue and gold are perfect together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful orchid card, Jenny! Love those vibrant colours. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous color on this pretty ring of lovely flowers. I love the layout you've created to show off the flowers and the brilliant colors. Neat way to do the sentiment. Thanks for your recent visit & kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you join the fun over Altenew August Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bold, bright and beautiful, ticks all the boxes Jenny!

    ReplyDelete