Tuesday 7 October 2014

World Card-making Day

Hello there! I am playing catch up after a fabulous weekend away with some crafty friends (Lyndal & Cecilia ). We played along with some of the WCMD and other challenges and had a lovely relaxing time. On Sunday we had a visit from Chupa and her lovely family and she crafted with us for a little while. Unfortunately, our other pal, Michelle, wasn't able to make it due to lots of marking (she's a Uni teacher - she was sadly missed!)

I finished about 6 cards, but have lots of stamped images and die cuts to play with! This card is for the Fusion Card Challenge, using one of Chupa's Penny Black stamps.


I started off following the sketch, but in the end, I changed it up, because I'd used a  tag shape instead of a circle.  I stamped the image on watercolour paper and coloured it with Inktense pencils and Distress markers. I hi-lighted the flowers with black gel pen and used white gel pen for the border on the kraft card.  The white card was embossed with a Papertrey Ink impression plate.


My next card is for the Festive Friday Challenge. Yes, my first Christmas card for 2014!
I've used papers from Kaisecraft and the leaf wreath stamp is from Hero Arts.





ETA: I'm entering this card in the Hero Arts Holiday Challenge - Anything Goes category.


7 comments:

  1. Love the wreath and the sunflowers Jenny! The wreath would be perfect for the Keep It Simple 3 challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, NEVER seen drawn stitching so perfect! Every time I visit you've used some tool I MUST have (inktense Pencils). Gorgeous bold sunflowers, Jen.
    Love your sweet folksy card too! Merry Early Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leaf wreath card. It's so clean and lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely creations Jenny! love the flower tag with the pretty blue background - and your wreath is sweet with the gingham flowers! Thanks for joining in the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty :) I love the tag on ur first card and the pattern paper flowers on ur second card are just adorable. Thank you sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ya LOVE that wreath???…so many things you can do with it…like adding your sweet little gingham poinsettias!!! It's such a cute design!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards, Jenny! Love those gingham poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete