Tuesday 29 August 2017

Blue Poppies

Hi there. It's been a few days since my last post, but although I've not shared any cards, I have been busy practising with several different mediums and paper. My bin is pretty full, but this is one I am happy with...

I stamped the Poppies using Zig CCRB Markers and distress Inks. The poppies were coloured with Twinkling H2Os and Zig Markers  to get this vibrant and shimmery look.
I previously tried this on watercolour paper and it was ok, but I much prefer it on this paper, Canson Acrylic, because it gives more shine. The only thing is you have to be careful not to add too much water.
The gold script was stamped with Versamark and then I brushed Gold Pearl Ex powder of it, spritzing to set.
The dragonfly die is from Penny Black.

Once again I have used the colours from this month's Altenew Challenge - they just happen to be my fave colours!!!

I'm entering the following challenges:_






3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blue poppies, Jenny! The gold accents are beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very pretty Jenny, your 'practicing' looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! The flowers are beautiful and so is that glittery dragonfly! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete