Thursday 12 April 2018

Watercolour Pelican

Life has been crazy busy and I haven't had any time to make cards since Easter. However I do want to share a card i made while I was at Queenscliff.

I went for a walk each morning and one day I was lucky enough to get fairly close to a pelican and quickly snapped it with my phone, before it decided I was too close! Coincidentally I had recently received a new stamp set from Inspired by Stamping, which had a Pelican stamp, so of course I had to may a card to imitate life! I noticed the CAS Watercolour challenge had 'Birds' as their theme so it was serendipitous! I was planning to make a 2nd card a bit more CAS, but as I said I haven't had time.

I used Maimeri Blu watercolour paints and I must say they are really yummy!
The sentiment stamp is from Altenew (thanks Loll!).



Mythology/Inspired by story





5 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenny! This pelican is awesome! You have captured the colors of the bird perfectly! Love the washed background and the real life picture too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your pelican scene at the water. So cool and looks just like your photograph! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, and what an inspiring photo too! Your blue looks fabulous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including your photo! It brings back memories of when I traveled in Florida many years ago and saw the pelicans on the docks. Your stamp is perfect and looks great against the blue washed background. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete