Friday 17 September 2021

Seize the Birthday - Surprise Guest #4

   Hello there Crafty Friends! I'm back again with my 2nd card as Surprise Guest at Seize the Birthday Challenge. The theme for this challenge is 'FAUX or REAL STITCHING' but the themes are always optional, so you can enter any card, as long as it's a Birthday Card.


I  included some real stitching in the centre of the rose. I chose the Pinpoint background, because it's like stitching without the thread:)
The dies are from various Altenew die sets. I have them all mixed together, so I'm not sure of the name of the sets.  I die-cut the flower from a smooshed background. The leaves were coloured with Karin Markers and Cosmic Shimmer Powder. 
Dies: Altenew Flowers; Memory Box Pinpoint Leaf Plate 
Stamp: Inspired by Stamping (sadly no longer around)


I hope you'll visit  Seize The Birthday blog for some more fabulous inspiration from the design team and then join in the challenge with us. 

I'm also entering the following challenges:- 

Lots of Layers







Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)





17 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, love the real stitching in the centre of the pretty flower and what a stunning stitched pinpoint background Jenny x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower is gorgeous! And so creative to add that bit of stitching in the centre. The background is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stitched leaf background Jenny and the gorgeous smooshed pieces you cut the flower from. The stitched flower centre was a great idea! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty purple flower, Jenny! Love the stitched center and pin point background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did good! I love the subtle background of stitching and then that super amazing die cut flower and leaves for the center. How sweet to do a few real stitches in the center of that flower. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Jenny, love the pinpoint background and your flowers have a beautiful depth of colour, I do love purples! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, Love how you took the topping and incorporated both types of stitching! Beautiful card! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, this is a fabulous card! I am so happy to see you as the special guest at STB! What a great idea to use a background plate for the faux stitching, wish I had thought of that! thank you for your inspiration at STB and being our guest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your way of adding stitching, subtle and doesn't interfere with the rest of the card. And the background as well, in fact I had thought that was your 'faux stitching'!! Thank you for this wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Jenny! I love the deep richness of your greenery so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Jenny. Great idea to do the real stitching in the center of the pretty flower. Love the faux stitching on the background, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitched background looks amazing with the colored foowers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful CAS card! I just love the subtle stitched background and pretty flowers. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun to see this card pop up in the HLS gallery. I get to swoon over it all over again. :-) Thanks for playing with us at the HLS die challenge Jenny! --- JulieP

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card! I really love your flowers and the stitched background is a wonderful touch to showcase them. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the beautiful watercoloring on the die cut pieces and how you added some real stitching to the flower! Great idea to use a pinpoint background die for the topping! It's a gorgeous card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful! The flowers & leaves are amazing and I love the great little accent of real stitching. The background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete