Sunday 12 September 2021

Mixed Media /Stencil/ White on White with a touch of Gold

 Hi there. I'm pretty much up to date with all my DT cards, so today I had a play. 

First up is a Mixed Media Card. I wanted to use some crackle paste on this card, but when I opened the tub, I found it had dried up:( So instead, this is what I did...

I inked up a very old Flourishes stamp with Distress Oxide inks, liberally spritzed and stamped several times on the watercolour paper. 

When dry, I randomly stamped part of an equally old Hero Arts
stamp with white ink and then embossed with Silver Pearl embossing powder. 
The panel was then die-cut and the edges sponged with the darker ink. 
 The dragonfly was stamped with DO ink, blended with Nuvo Glitter Gloss Pen and fussy-cut. 
The sentiment was  stamped on a die-cut panel. 
To finish I arranged the dragonfly on some die-cut floral stems and layered with some twine and the sentiment. 
Stamps: Gina K Beautiful Wings; Flourishes Bees & Blooms: Stampers Anonymous Natures Wonder;
Hero Arts friends Background
Dies: Stampin Up Meadow Dies; Penny Black Rectangle
******************************
My next card was a lot more simple and classic...

I began by die-cutting the leafy wreath and then liberally splattered it with Altenew Gold Metallic  Paint. 
The white panel was embossed with an old Papertrey Ink Coverplate for a bit of texture. I then stamped the sentiment and sponged the edges with the gold ink. To finish The wreath was adhered with dimensional tape and some pearls added for a bit of bling.

Die: Poppy Stamps Adriana Wreath
Stamp: Kaisercraft

***********************************

My last card was made with a kit from Uniquely Creative...

The background was stencilled with Distress Ink. 
The flowers were stamped with black ink, clear embossed and coloured with Zig Markers. 
The sentiment is made from wood and was covered in black ink and clear embossed to match the flowers. 
I added some splatter and sequins to finish.

All Products: Uniquely Creative Teacup Builder Mini Kit

****************************************

I'm sharing my cards at the following challenges:-


CARD 1






CARD 2

White, Leaves, Die-cuts & Pearls

CARD 3




Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)





14 comments:

  1. Awesome cards, love the background on the dragonfly! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly made great use of time after your responsibilities were complete. I should take a lesson from you. I love your background that you were able to do when you found out that your medium us dry. Way to go! Thanks for joining in the fun at Double D Challenge, I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beautiful cards using very different techniques and products, Jenny. Love your layered mixed media 1st card. Your gorgeous watercolored stamping, colors, die cut flowers and dragonfly, added twine and sentiment are beautiful. Your 2nd CAS die cut wreath with the gold splatters and pearls is Gorgeous!!! Love the soft stenciling background for your pretty flowers for your 3rd beauty. TFS your very creative just for fun playday, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Tail’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW three fabulous cards jenny. Loved reading how you made your amazing mixed media first card x. Great you managed a play day x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a fabulous background for this sweet dragonfly, Jenny! Love the soft, loose colors! Your wreath is so elegant! And these flowers are bright and pretty! You've been busy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three very impressive cards, my favourite has to be the first one. It is just fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jenny! All of your cards are wonderful! I LOVE the wreath card you created for Festive Friday. It is absolutely stunning! I love the touches of gold and the gold pearl accents. I am so glad you shared it with our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely collection of wonderful projects. Your Festive Friday card is just gorgeous and perfect for the challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Jenny! Your fabulous wreath project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner's badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your cards are stunning. I struggle with mixed media style. I'm in awe of your talent. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, all three cards are stunning. #3 the one for our Stencil cballenge is beautiful, great work. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. We look forward to you visiting us again. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are all amazing! WOWZA!! Thanks for joining us for the Cardz 4 Galz challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All three cards are so beautiful and so creatively done! Glad we don't have to pick a favorite! Amazing work!

    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about Flora and/or Fauna (or anything crafty goes). Hope you'll share again soon!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete