Saturday 4 September 2021

52 Christmas Card Throwdown (September Sketch)

     Hi Crafty Friends.  Rosi is our host for September at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge.

The first challenge of the month is always a sketch challenge.  Here Rosi's sketch for this month. I 'm sure you'll like it and hope you join us!


I used a new (to me) embossing folder for this card. I inked up the embossing folder and spritzed with water, before passing it through the machine. When it was completely dry, I swiped ink over the raised parts and the embossed with Wo sparkling snow embossing powder. 
Next I sponged2 different blue inks on to white card and then die-cut the background blue panel and the snowman. The snowman was then die-cut in white and then I layered the pieces together.
To finish I added black rhinestones for the eyes and buttons and the die-cut sentiment, mounting it on to a black base card.




I hope you'll visit the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown blog to see what our fabulous  Design Team have created with this sketch. Looking forward to seeing your cards in the gallery:)
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)




3 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful snowman card Jenny - love the way you have added the blue panel behind the die cut image, and it's all set against a stunning background
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so much snow on your wonderful card, Jenny! That cute snowman is just perfect for the sketch - looks really great in a rectangle too!

    ReplyDelete