Saturday 2 October 2021

CAS MIX UP OCT '21

 Hello there.  It's time for a new CAS Mix Up Challenge!

This month is a Mixed Media themed challenge. Bonnie is our host and the prompt is 'Botanical Prints'. She wants us to find leaves, flowers, ferns etc from our garden and use them to make our cards. 

There are some links to video tutorials on the CAS MIX UP blog and an explanation from Bonnie as to what she would like to see.

 Please remember to keep your card designs Clean and Simple and include stamping and one other Mixed Media element.


It was Autumn in Australia when I made this card. I chose lots of red/bright yellow and orange leaves and I was very surprised that when I pressed them with my Big Shot the colours came out as you can see on my card. 
I placed the leaves between 2 sheets of Watercolour paper and passed it through the die-cut machine. 
Next I die-cut the rectangle panel and sponged the edges with Distress Ink. The sentiment was stamped with the same Ink. 
I then stamped the butterfly, coloured with Zigs and Prismacolor Pencils and fussy cut. 
I used the rectangle die to emboss a frame for the die-cut panel. 
To finish, I added the twine and some bling.

Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Nature's Wonder (sentiment), Kaisercraft Butterfly
Die: MFT Inside/Outside Rectangle


We have the very talented Izzy (Izzy Scrap) joining us as Guest Designer this month. You can see Izzy's card and more from our fabulous DT at the CAS Mix Up blog.

I'm also sharing my card at the following challenges:-








                    Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)
                                            




 

20 comments:

  1. What wonderful soft colours on this one. Your leaf prints make a beautiful background and I love your extra embossed frame xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing color, detail, and texture on your card, Jenny! I've been in love with it since first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great colours from your pressed leaf prints Jenny and I love the ornate edge on the top layer and a matching one beneath too, and a beautiful added butterfly and sentiment, and the string tied and wrapped round the topper goes perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pressed real leaves on W/C paper gave a beautiful soft muted color tone to your beautiful card, Jenny. I love your die cut frame, beautifully colored and fussy cut butterfly, twine and sentiment too. A real Autumn Beauty, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the texture of your cold press watercolour paper, Jenny! It has so much texture all on it's own. Beautiful leaf prints ... love the shades of purple with brown. The deep red really compliments the colours and just that bit of sponging has created a beautiful frame for your piece of art. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully created and an awesome background! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous array of leaves Jenny, the overall colours are SO subtle and incredibly pleasing... it's a great card!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jenny! You got such beautiful colors with your leaves! I love the yellow and purple together and what a pretty butterfly! Love, love, love this, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should have chosen this technique for my card this month. It's so effective and you certainly knew how to embellish it beautifully. Your colors and the texture of your paper lend themselves so well to this technique. Also like the way you framed it with embossing, the sweetness of the butterfly and the natural twine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Jenny - and yes, one can get unexpected results when pressing flowers and foliage, but you really have made the most of this on this gorgeous card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jenny this is SO SO pretty! Fabulous background! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Leaves’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really beautiful card, so much texture and such lovely details to create the overall scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge .
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful butterfly Jenny and I love the colours you used to create your card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What pretty colours you've achieved from the fun technique and the most beautiful card jenny x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah Jenny - another beautiful serene card. I adore it. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. I love the soft shades you've got from this technique Jenny, and the texture from the watercolour paper looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is definitely a beautiful card, Jenny ! It's amazing to see how the leaves themselves can make such a gorgeous printing on the watercolour paper. I've tried to press a leaf in my machine but the one that I had inked before, so it was very juicy and it blended the colours together. Love your design too and how you framed your panel on the card base. And what a lovely addition the butterfly in the same shades, gorgeous ! Thanks so much for inspiring and for having me guesting for this challenge with you all ! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Subtle and gorgeous! The paper you used really gave the card a great deal of texture. Beautiful. Thanks for joining up at Cardz 4 Galz! XX Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful autumn colours from your leaves. Love the technique ♥
    Sorry I haven't had a chance to comment, I just got back from the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely panel you created Jenny - so pretty with the pretty butterfly on top!

    ReplyDelete