Sunday 3 March 2019

Watercolour on Vellum

Hello there. It's the start of another CAS Watercolour Challenge. It's my first time hosting the challenge and theme I have chosen is 'Watercolour on Vellum'.

I tried a few different techniques, before I settled on this card...

I've never tried  watercolour stamping with penny black brushstroke stamps on vellum before, but the MISTI stamping tool makes it so easy, because you definitely need to stamp more than once.  I backed the vellum with white card and added the adhesive behind the stamped image.  The sentiment die is from Lawn Fawn.


I hope you'll  head on over to CAS Watercolour and check out the rest of the cards by the Design Team and by our wonderful Guest Designer,   You have until March 24th to link up your card - we can't wait to see what you create.


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming up with this fun challenge prompt for a new to me technique. Love the look of your stamping ont vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful flowers, Jenny! A wonderful challenge and your card is gorgeous! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your card is so beautiful. The pretty brush strokes stamp has certainly lent itself to this technique. Such vibrant colours and a wonderful CAS card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so gorgeous!! I love the effect you achieved! Thanks so much for having me along with you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny your card is absolutely STUNNING!! Love the stamp you used and the colors totally say celebrate Spring to me! Lovely, lovely card and thanks so much for a fun challenge this month!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is simply gorgeous, Jenny! I love the combined effect of the brush stroke image, the translucency of vellum, and the watercolor look. Your flowers are so lovely. Thanks so much for hosting this fun challenge!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful...love the look.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Jenny! Love the brushstroke image on vellum. And I love the beautiful colours that remind us that spring is not too far off! Fun challenge Jenny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to try this with a PB stamp I think. Your card is just lovely. Did you put the vellum onto the backing card first or after stamping?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are so bright and pretty Jenny and the stamping on to the vellum has worked beautifully and great contrast with the black layer and die cut sentiment. Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous floral card Jenny, love how you achieved bright colours on the vellum

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW wonderful card, so lovely ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful choice of colours, Jenny - love the soft look you achieved with the vellum and backing it with white cs. The black panel and sentiment provides great contrast.

    ReplyDelete