Wednesday 20 March 2019

Faux Stained Glass

Hi there. I have another quick post to share my attempt at the 'faux stained glass' technique inspired by this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge.


I used Zig Markers on acrylic card stock, which was probably a mistake, because when I put the Glossy accents on top, the colours moved. I used 4 die cuts to get the dimension.  I'm waiting on an order of Crystal Glaze, so I'll try that if it arrives in time.  

The butterfly die is from Concord & 9th, the stencil is from Kaisercraft and the sentiment is from MFT Stamps.

It's CAS Mix Up's 3rd Birthday, so there is a random prize to be won and as always the chosen winner has the opportunity to be Guest Designer. So head on over to join in the fun.




I'm also entering the following challenges:-




6 comments:

  1. Such pretty colors in your butterfly, Jenny! I find that the glaze moves the color water soluble color some but it makes it even more interesting! Love the stenciled ferns for a background! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The faux stained glass effect looks stunning and love your colour choice. The butterfly is so striking and the stencilling behind looks great. Yes I have had colours move too but your card doesn't detract in any way from it's beauty x. x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely faux stained glass butterfly card, Jenny! You do have an eye for colors. I would have never though of using the purplish pink and green for a butterfly. So fresh and pretty! Stenciling ferns behind it is a fabulous idea. I love it!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of this technique, the butterfly looks absolutely stunning! Also I love the soft look of the background, it really makes the butterfly pop. Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried this technique, it looks incredible and I'd say you've nailed it!! Love the colour combo you used and the soft stenciled background really makes that butterfly the star of your card. I'm so glad you joined our celebration at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours of your butterfly are so beautiful, Jenny! Love your stenciled background and black framing! xx

    ReplyDelete