Friday 24 January 2020

Be Brave

Today I'd like to share a card I made using some 'new to me' products as well as some old.

This card was inspired by my feelings of sadness for the loss of so many beautiful creatures during our horrific bushfires.


I die-cut the birch tree background and used it as a stencil, firstly brushing distress inks and then spritzing and sprinkling Nuvo  Shimmer Powder over the inked area. 
(Hint: I used a paper towel to mop up excess liquid and a brush to blend)

Next I stamped the CUTE owls and sentiment from Stamplorations. To finish I matted the panel with a white card base and die-cut frame from Mama Elephant. 

I'm Sharing my card at the following challenges:-




theme: anything goes




12 comments:

  1. How very cute in the pretty colours, many thanks for joining in with our 'More than a Word' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely scene. I live in a small settlement in the forest and therefore I particularly like this scene. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab background , how cute is your owl waiting patiently for the young ones to make an appearance,haha. I love the white frame too it really stands out from the background, so beautifully made i love it..
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely scene and a fabulous sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Jenny - I do hope you are safe... what an horrific time you are having of it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the die cut as a stencil and the added powders looks so pretty on your beautiful card. My heart goes out to the animals and all the people in your Country Jenny ....It is well televised our end ...sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much loss! Hopefully the land will replenish and grow back as lush as the background for your pretty birches and the animals will return and thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is a beautiful tribute to all those lost in the fires, Jenny. I hope things are getting better with the change of weather. Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet, heart touchingly beautiful card.

    ♥ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you're attempting to lose kilograms then you need to try this brand new custom keto meal plan diet.

    To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, fitness trainers, and chefs have united to develop keto meal plans that are efficient, painless, cost-efficient, and fun.

    From their grand opening in early 2019, thousands of clients have already completely transformed their figure and health with the benefits a good keto meal plan diet can give.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones offered by the keto meal plan diet.

    ReplyDelete