Thursday 2 January 2020

Partial Die-Cutting

Hello there! It's a New Year and that means we're starting our first Cas Mix Up challenge for 2020!
Hideko is our host this month and she chose 'Partial Die-Cuitting' for the theme.

There are some links to videos in our blog post, to help you try various ways to do this technique.



Partial Die-cutting, stamping, Watercolour blending on stamp, sequins


I was determined to make a tri-fold card and I had some massive failures! However, this is actually a very easy and logical technique. I can only say it must be easier if you have lovely flat plates and not badly warped ones like mine!




I began with a piece of white card stock 11in x 41/2 in.
I drew 3 pencil lines at 2 3/4 intervals. I stamped the first leaf overlapping the first line and then partially die-cut. I then stamped the rest of the images and sentiment, making sure nothing overlapped the other lines.  The next step was to score the card and erase the lines. I decided to add the border and sequins to make it more balanced.

Stamps: WPlus9 Autumn Leaves; Mama Elephant Basic Borders; Concord & 9th Beautiful Branches
Die: WPlus9 Autumn Leaves.

Our Design Team and Guest Designer, Tristan from Tinstar Designs, have some wonderful inspiration for you at our blog. I hope you have time to play along and you can enter the challenge here.




10 comments:

  1. LOVE your Trifold card design, Jenny. The border brought all your design together, nicely. Wonderful colors for your stamped leaves too. You have me inspired, my friend. Hugs and Happy New Year...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jenny. I love your trifold card, the colours look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Jenny! A trifold made so interestingly using partial die cutting, WOW! Such beautiful colours and I love the sequin border, truly a beauty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever fold to go with your partial die cut, Jenny! Beautiful leaves and I love how the one pops over the fold! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea to use the partial die-cutting technique for the tri-fold card, Jenny! All the leaves are so bright and fabulous.
    And I love that you added the dot border. Great design!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Love the partial die cutting, the fold and those bright and beautiful leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your design is so creative and beautiful Jenny! Love the idea of a tri-fold card with your partially die-cut fern leaf. So happy you persevered because this is fantastic! I have warped plates too and definitely it would be easier with flat ones. Good tip! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this...so beautiful.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card, so vibrant and so creative. The technique look fabulous and what great colouring and stamping too x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright colours you used Ros, a wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete