Thursday 2 February 2023

TIME OUT CHALLENGE #231 CASE the Designer

 Hi there Crafty Friends. It's time for another  Time Out Challenge. This week we want you to CASE the Designer. 

'CASE' stands for Copy And Share Everything - but it's not about just copying a card. It's about getting inspiration from card-making friends and making a new card with our own twist.  We have chosen a gorgeous rainbow card created by Gina K and look forward to seeing how you are inspired.


Now I'll be honest, I find rainbow cards challenging - I'm not sure why, but I'm never really happy with how my cards look. However, I think I worked out how to make it more pleasing to my eye! I blended the colours with Distress Oxides and added Nuvo shimmer powder and then I die-cut all the flowers and mixed them up. I love how it turned out, although maybe I used too many. 
The dies are all from Spellbinders, designed by the uber talented Yana Smakula. 
The sentiment is from Altenew One-Go Birthday Greetings. (tip: I have stamped and die-cut lots of these and keep in a tin, ready to be used).


The winner of our challenge will receive a $25 store credit from our wonderful sponsor - Gina K Designs and also be offered a Guest Design gig for a future challenge!



You can see more inspiration from the rest of our fabulous DT at the TIME OUT CHALLENGES blog. 
I hope you have the opportunity to join in our challenge.


                              
 Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

                                                                



9 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenny Wow! What a stunner and beautifully CASEd with die cuts! I am imagining the patience it took to color those tini tiny flowers! But love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jenny! I LOVE the rainbow of colours used for your flowers and leaves. It's so striking and anyone would love to receive this card! Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with the way you interpreted the photo. You really outdid yourself here, Jenny. What a fantastic idea to ink the die cut flowers then arrange them in a rainbow. Wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny... spectacular! Love how the rainbow moves across your bouquet. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have definitely cracked the rainbow this time Jenny. what a wonderful colourful and bold card. I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny I love your interpretation of the Time Out challenge...not obviously a rainbow but all the lovely floral colours is a brilliant idea... Hope you're surviving this weird changeable weather we're all experiencing.. so hot and humid up here in Townsville. Enjoy your weekend Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Jenny!! I really love these beautiful Rainbow colored floral arrangement. Love how you got inspired by Gina. Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card Jenny and you have reminded me that I bought this set last September (an early birthday treat for myself) but with my trip down under, I forgot to catalogue it, stowed it and forgot I had it! When I saw your card, I went on a mad hunt for it and have started cutting and colouring! Your bouquet is gorgeous - love the shine from the Nuovo Shimmer Powder! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is amazing, Jenny! It makes me especially happy because I too own these dies and used them in a card for the first time yesterday -your card has given me lots of new ideas how to use them again! The array of flowers is absolutely beautiful and the colors look so vibrant. xx

    ReplyDelete