Hi there Crafty Friends! I'm excited to let you know that Loll Thompson has resurrected CAS Mix Up Challenge after a 4 year break and I'm so happy to be back on the team.
It will be a monthly challenge, starting on the 3rd of the month. There will be a rotation of techniques - Mixed Media,(must include stamping), Stencil, Watercolour. This is a Clean & Simple challenge, so remember to keep your cards CAS.
So today we begin the challenge with Mixed Media. Loll is our Host and she has chosen 'Eclipse' as the theme.
Stamping, Die-cutting, Karin Markers, Sequins
I used a new to me die from Craft Addiction UK and a Penny Black stamp to create my Eclipse card. I figured it would be easier to get 2 identical images by using a Brushstroke stamp and it definitely did.
Stamps: Penny Black 'The Unfolding'
Dies: Craft Addiction UK Stitched Lattice Circles; Altenew Sweet Sentiments
There are links to some videos on the CAS Mix Up blog, which explain how to do this technique.
Our Design Team have
some wonderful inspiration for you.
I hope you'll check us out and join in at




The stitched lattice circle is perfect for this particular type of eclipse Jenny and the PB Brushstrokes Magnolia flower has made it much easier to get two stamped images looking the same, and with such pretty pink tones and spring green foliage. This looks elegant and very arty..a terrific card. x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful eclipse card Jenny, the image on the lattice is such a cool effect, Cathy x
ReplyDeleteStunning card, your die cut really works well with this technique and I love your brush strokes flower xx
ReplyDeleteWOW! This is STUNNING, Jenny! I LOVE this image and the colours you've used to watercolour are bold and beautiful! Wonderful way to do the eclipse technique using this gorgeous diamond patterned circle die. Love, Loll
ReplyDeleteJust a beautiful card Jenny - love the die cut to achieve the eclipse with one of my fave PB stamps! x
ReplyDeleteJenny, your use of this technique and that gorgeous image is just exquisite! I'm so happy you're all back!
ReplyDelete=]
Gorgeous Jenny! Love your take on the eclipse technique! Love it! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty Jenny, and a great take on the Eclipse technique.
ReplyDeleteI admired this beauty on IG and love seeing it again on my laptop! Love the look using that unique die and beautiful colors!
ReplyDeleteJenny this is stunning - love how you have used the technique
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
I'm glad to see another non-word eclipse card, Jenny. Those flowers are lovely peeking through the lattice.
ReplyDeleteFantastic project with the eclipse technique. It's very interesting how you used this technique. Thank you for the inspiration.
ReplyDeletexx