Thursday 8 August 2013

Runway Inspired /Penny Black Play along take 2

Hi, I'm back with another card for the Runway Inspired challenge, because that dress was calling out to me to get inky!!!

The sentiment on the card is for my Dad. He's been in hospital for 8 days and we nearly lost him last Saturday. He's very poorly and I hate seeing him going through so much, when he just wants to be left in peace. Dad has always been my biggest fan in everything, but especially with my card making and I love him dearly.

I used various inks on the Penny Black background stamp, then I spritzed the paper and  card , before stamping it. I left it for a few seconds to let the ink sink in.
Next I used more distress inks as a water-colour wash to colour in the flowers.
The background card has been mounted on the card with dimensional tape.
The sentiment is also from Penny Black.
I stamped Hero Arts friends definition over the image to ad some interest and depth.


I

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenny, this is stunning! I love this effect. I'll have to case it.

    I know what you're going through with your dad - mine came home this week after about 7 weeks in hospital/rehab. Hope your dad has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gorgeous card - that colour looks amazing! I hope you dad is on the mend - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Jenny!
    Sorry to hear about your Dad, thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jen. Love the prettz shades and that background. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect of your background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. I hope things with your dad start looking up. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete