Monday 17 September 2018

More Watercolour Trees

Hello there. I'm just popping in to remind you about this month's CAS Watercolour Challenge.
The theme this month is 'Tree' and my mind has been brimming with ideas!

I've used a Penny Black stamp called 'Peaceful Moment'. I do love this stamp, but every time I use it, I create a silhouette, usually with a sunset. I couldn't think of a different way to use it. However, this time I was determined to create something different and then I had an epiphany!



I used Distress Inks and Zig Markers directly on the stamp, spritzed and stamped. I did this a few times. Then I took another stamp, an old wood mount from Penny Black and coloured the dots with a few different green Zig Markers, spritzed and stamped over the tree to give the original image some foliage.  I also added some green down near the fence.  

I then matted the panel with some Lawnfawn designer paper and mounted with dimensional tape on the base card.





You still have until 24 September to play along. We can't wait to see what you create using a Tree stamp, die, or stencil and water!!  Make sure you check out the FABULOUS  cards from the DT and our Special Guest Designer Ros from Mikey's Mom for more inspiration, and then play along with us right HERE



Hop on over the the CAS Watercolour Blog for more inspiration and you can enter your cards right HERE We'd love to see creations in the gallery!!

I'm entering the following challenges:-




12 comments:

  1. WOW stunning card love the fabulous stamps and very atmospheric scene--brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fabulous, Jenny! I love thie card! It looks like a sepia photograph! And good for you to challenge yourself to create something different. Your watercoloring is simply stunning and the way you used the other stamp for the green dots is so clever.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous watercolour Jenny! What a great way to use this image. The direct to stamp and spritzing give it a hand watercoloured look. And adding the foliage from another stamp is just perfect. Love that you balanced it with some green at the bottom. You could add this to CAS Mix Up and the challenge this month is "Ink with Markers". xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dramatic scene you have created here Jenny - love the way you have created it, and the fabulous green and brown colour scheme
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a gorgeous card!! I adore your trees and the technique you used really brought everything to life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the spring look of this tree, Jenny! A brilliant idea to use the second stamp for the leaves! I love how you've added the green around the fence to look like shrubbery! A beautiful watercolor tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card...great stamp, I like the little bird hiding in the scene.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your epiphany moment! Love how you combined the stamps to make this fabulous card x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...this card is totally "frameable" Jenny! And kudos to you for making it different than a sunset (although I'm sure those are absolutely gorgeous with your stamp too!)!! I love the bits of green through the tree...it looks like the sun is shining through the branches and leaves! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This looks fab .... I love how you've combined the two stamps, very clever. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great way to combine stamps for a different look to your tree, Jenny! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, Jenny. Great idea, I love your card ...

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete