Tuesday 3 September 2019

Complementary Colours

It's time for a new CAS Watercolour Challenge and I'm hosting this months challenge. I chose 'COMPLEMENTARY COLOURS' as the theme, which means using 2 colours opposite each other on the Colour Wheel.


I used a beautiful stamp from Penny Black called 'Painter's Vase' and Distress Inks. I inked the stamps and spritzed with water and then added some shading with a damp brush and more ink.





You can see the more inspiring cards from our wonderful Design Team over at the blog. We are so happy to be joined this month by the talented Anita of  Stampin with Anita.

I hope you join us in this month's challenge at CAS WATERCOLOUR.

7 comments:

  1. What an interesting and fun challenge you're hosting, Jenny! I took out my color wheel I bought a few years ago after seeing your post. :-)
    Beautiful flowers! Love the shades of yellow and the way you painted the vase!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful bouquet and vase, Jenny! Love all the texture of the vase! Thanks for a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card and a fun, fun challenge Jenny!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that image and your colours are just amazing with it, Jenny! This is such a fun challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous image Jenny, and I love your use of the challenge - those flowers are so beautiful - I feel as though I could reach out and touch them!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. The complementary colours look so vibrant and your card is artsy and beautiful x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful looking card...the yellow flowers are so uplifting.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete