Wednesday 16 February 2022

ALTENEW INSPIRATION CHALLENGE (Feb '22)

 TI love the gorgeous picture, with lovely fresh colours for this month's Altenew Challengeso I was inspired to create this card...


I stamped Altenew Pen Sketched Flowers on the white card and coloured with diluted Karin Markers. I scribbled the marker on my palette and picked up with a watercolour brush. I shaded the flowers with Zig markers -  the lightest shade of blue and green.  Then I used the gorgeous Spellbinders Venise Lace Hemstitch Die.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set. 
To finish I mounted on a black base card and added some sequins. 

I'm sharing at the following challenges:-



I loved this colour combo so much, I made another card, this time on Baohong Watercolour paper and using Daniel Smith Watercolours as well as Karin Markers. 

I used Altenew Beautiful Day for this card. I may add a sentiment at a later date, but like to leave some cards blank for flexibility. A bit of fussy cutting was involved and the rectangle die is Penny Black Antique Frame.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)
















8 comments:

  1. Fresh and beautiful first card and loving the loose water colouring Jenny x. Great texture from the background die cut panel and what a vintage and pretty rose x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards using the colours from the Altenew challenge, Jenny. Might have to buy that first card's stamp set. :) LOVE it! The second card has the most interesting textured watercolour paper. I have not heard of Baohong w/c paper ... will have to check that out. As always, your cards are amazing, inspirational, and also enabling me to spend money! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors and both beautiful cards, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful colour combination to work with Jenny, and two beautiful cards as a result :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two really very special cards. I have that pen sketched flowers stamp and have never managed to make it look like that, stunning. Your second card is really pretty too, such good watercolouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Jenny your cards are so beautiful, I love the flowers and your colouring.

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win at Altenew, Jenny!!! OH do I LOVE your winning card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete