Thursday 24 February 2022

Timeless Poppies

 I recently indulged in some more Daniel Smith Watercolour Paints and I'm totally in love with the pinks! So I pulled out my paints, my Baohong w/c paper and fave brushes and had a play.



I stamped with Delicata Gold Ink and embossed with Antique Linen Distress Embossing Glaze.
This is the second attempt.  I didn't emboss the first time around, but I got impatient waiting for the paint to dry and so I started again. The embossed lines allowed me to paint more petals without waiting.
I fussy cut the image , layered it over the die-cut panel and splattered with Altenew Metallic Paint. To finish I added the sentiment, sequins and mounted on the textured kraft coloured card. 
Stamp: Gina K Timeless Poppies

I'm sharing at the following challenges:-




Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)




8 comments:

  1. Jenny, this birthday card is going to be cherished forever - it deserves a frame! Gorgeous water coloring, my friend - love the faux torn edge, and sweet little burlap card!
    Always wonderful having you in our gallery at The Flower Challenge, Jenny! Thank you!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful water colouring and the most amazing and striking card. It really is a beauty Jenny and YAY to buying new watercolours x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful. You have watercoloured your flowers perfectly and they look stunning stamped in gold, mounted on cream and with that textured craft background. Everything is spot on xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome result of your playing Jenny - this is one stunning card!! Loving how you painted the beautiful flowers
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Jenny, love the colouring on the heat embossed image and the colours used. Wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! Love the texture and your painting. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These elegant flowers are so pretty on the textured background, Jenny! You've colored these flowers brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW so beautiful, I love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete