Wednesday 19 October 2022

The Card Concept #182A/B Harvest Bounty &/or Christmas Joy

 Hi there Crafty Friends! It's time for the second challenge challenge of the month at The Card Concept

For those of you who are new to our challenge, every two weeks we will post our inspiration photo challenge and hope that you will join us by creating a card for our challenge gallery.  

We are starting something new this year- the second challenge of every month, we are posting two challenge photos!  You can choose whichever photo you prefer, or you could create two separate cards, one for each photo!    

I couldn't decide, so I made 2 cards...

I stamped and coloured (with stencils) the SSS Poinsettia and Sprigs images a few months ago when a friend was visiting and we crafted together. This is her set and I think I 'need' it for myself now:) The sentiment is from Hello Bluebird and was coloured with Copics. The embossing folder, from Stampin Up,  is one of my favourites. 
Stamps: SSS Holiday Sprigs;  Hello Bluebird Peace & Joy
Stencil: SSS Holiday Sprigs
Embossing Folder: Stampin Up
Scan'n'Cut used to cut images

I was inspired by the 'JOY' sign and colours to make this 'Clean and Layered' card.





**************************************

I used stamp sets, with some masking and fussy cutting for the crate of fruit. I die-cut the sunburst from an Alcohol Ink background.  The crate was stamped on the woodgrain paper and the fruit was stamped and blended with Karin Markers. The sentiment was stamped with Delicata Gold Ink.

Stamps: Stamplorations  (Dee's Artsy Impressions)Life is Sweeter, Healing Herbs
W&W sentiment
Embossing Folder: Stampin Up 
Die: borrowed from my friend and I'm not sure of the brand


I was inspired by the crate of fruit in the photo to create my 2nd 'Clean & Layered' card.


We hope this new option will be one that you enjoy as much as we do. Our Designers will let you know which one they decided as well. 

Remember, an inspiration photo is exactly that- a starting point for inspiration. Will it be the colours, the overall theme, the texture, the actual items and/or something else that will inspire your card? 


I hope you'll visit The Card Concept Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the team has created and will be inspired to play along in the challenge with us. 

Choose a design style (or combine styles), create a card, and in your blog post, let us know what inspired you from the photo, what style and/or styles you chose and don't forget to display our inspiration photo and link back to our challenge :-)


I'm also sharing my card at the following challenges:-

http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.com/2022/10/the-flower-challenge-73-use-sentiment.html




AS YOU LIKE IT CHALLENGE (Traditional Christmas)


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)
                                            




8 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Jenny. Your amazing talent for colouring really brings these cards to life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GORGEOUS Christmas card, Jenny! Love the rich reds and the embossed background that's one of my favorites too! The basket of bounty is so pretty! I'd love one just like that on my table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous pair of cards Jenny - love your colouring of the sprigs, and also on the fruit - the subtle textured backgrounds are perfect
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both pretty amazing but I think the first one is my fav mainly because of that fabulous deep red, wonderful shading and textured background. All your cards from the last week or so deserve a mention as they are very special. So sorry not to be able to visit them all individually. You are definitely on a creative roll at the moment. Wish I could say the same xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your beautiful cards Jenny. The Christmas card is my favorite and is gorgeous with your coloring and layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny you've brought such JOY to The Flower Challenge's birthday party - your Poinsettias are stunning!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous! I love the colouring of Joy (I might need to case this card as my boss is called Joy!) Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge and celebrating our birthday with us. Hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards Jenny. I love the first - simply stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete