Monday 29 July 2024

Group of Seven Cardmakers - KALEIDOSCOPE

 Hi There Crafty Friends. Today I am thrilled to be joining my friends at the Group of Seven Cardmakers as Guest Designer. They saw a card I previously posted here and and this month they are using the card pictured below for their inspiration.  They are calling this technique 'KALEIDOSCOPE'. 

I learnt this technique from Dana Joy of Got Joy Creations  in an Online Card Class. Basically it involves slicing up a stamped/stencilled/or other  background and re-arranging the strips in a Kaleidoscope type pattern, like I did in this card...



This time I chose a background panel from my stash, which was made by dry brushing paint in random stripes.

To finish my card I matted the strips with gold metallic card, added this gorgeous butterfly die-cut from SSS and a foiled sentiment.  The base card has been embossed with an ancient press plate from Papertrey Ink - I love the lovely subtle details of this plate. 



In case you haven't heard about this blog, basically it is a place where you learn from experienced cardmakers about Techniques & Products. 
You can also play along with them and add your card to the gallery. 
This blog is a treasure trove of information and is sure to spark your creativity!


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

  






9 comments:

  1. Love the colors on your vertical strips Jenny! So pretty behind your white butterfly! Thanks for joining us at GO7 and showing us this fun technique for designing backgrounds! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I had to come by to see your technique from this Group - I love your original, but this new one makes me even happier - 'tis butterfly season after all!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to mix things up a bit. I love the effect and how wonderful that the group of seven picked up on it. We will all be having a go now xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still gawp in awe of your first card every time I see it, Jenny! And now I love your second one, too ~ very bold and striking! And I love that embossed background with the ancient press plate. Thank you for being our Guest Designer and inspiration and thanks to Dana, as well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pair of awesome cards Jenny - I particularly love the way you let the background behind the gorgeous butterfly stand out . The varied width of your 'slices' add to all the fabulous visual texture
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Jenny - love your technique and great choice of colours too! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny thanks for showing us a fun technique ♥ Your card is beautiful, I must check my stash for some backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you cut different size strips, Jenny! The colors make this very artsy and fun! Thanks for inspiring us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your original inspiration. We have had such fun trying out this technique!! And thank you for the gorgeous card you made for us as Guest Designer. The brushed stripes are just perfect for the artsy look of Kaleidoscope! Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete