Friday 5 January 2024

Sharing some oldies

 Hi there Crafty Friends!

 I'm very slow with my creating at the moment and there's a lot of quality control happening. My waste paper basket is full of rejects! I've mainly been playing with PB Cling stamps and I want the results to be perfect - but I think I need to let that go!  Sometimes I find things I've thrown away and decide I really like it! Does this happen to you? 

I also have a big folder of finished, but never shared stuff, so as it's a new year, I think it's time to whittle that down and share some. So here are a few.

 I noticed on Loll's blog that the the GROUP of SEVEN Card-makers are playing with TORN EDGES, so it's the perfect time to share this card.
I used some of my coveted patterned paper and Pretty Pink Posh stamps to create a colourful scene.


Here is another way to create the look of a TORN EDGE - using a mask a sponging ink and stamping to create a Faux torn edge. 

I used an Old Hero Arts stamp and a New Embossing Powder.
Stamp: Hero Arts Rose 
Edging stamp from Kaisercraft

I'm sharing this at the following:-





I made this card during a class with Online Card Classes. 
I stamped and gold embossed the an old fave Hero Arts background stamp and sponged some inks. 
Then I cut the panel in to strips and randomly arranged them. 
It's a fun technique and was new to me. 
Stamp: Hero Arts Eucalyptus Cling Background
Pinkfresh Studio sentiment

I'm sharing this at the following:-


SOMETHING NEW


                              
 Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

                                                                


















12 comments:

  1. Loving all your projects Jenny. Each technique is so fun and looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your torn edge cards, Jenny. The first one of the water scene is so adorable!! I love the patterned paper you've used for the different layers. Awesome. Your second torn edge card is beautiful and elegant. LOVE the gold embossing with the soft sponging over top. Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven!
    And your last card is so cool! I LOVE this technique and have not seen it before. I'm definitely going to give this a try. Thanks for inspiring me! Take care, my friend. Sending healing vibes your way ~~~ Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness--so much inspiration here! Wouldn't know you're having any trouble creating! First on my list is to case the 3rd card--stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great showcase. Love all 3. I have loads of cards that I have never shared too. It is good to see yours. Yes, I often reject things and then when I look later I am not sure why. I need to allow time to forget what the imperfection was! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....Stunning gold heat embossed cut strips with random arranging on your last card, Jenny:-) Love your two Torn Edge cards for Group of Seven Technique too. I don't think I have ever seen a faux torn edge card...Love it! Great way to share torn edge Pretty Paper on your 1st card..so fun and colorful. TFS and Happy Creative New Year, dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fabulous Jenny!
    I especially love the way you used the torn edges on the first card!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these bright colors with the gold embossing! The randomness of the strips adds lots of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops. I need to add that your examples of paper tearing are fantastic! The torn edge with inking and embossed stamping is a perfect pairing with the flower and your beach scene is awesome with the different papers and die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO lovely, I love all the glitz and shine of GOLD!!

    Thanks again for joining us at Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your combination of old and new Jenny! Your card is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all, especially that last one! Thanks for entering our challenge!

    ReplyDelete