Saturday 2 May 2020

Gesso Resist

Hi there friends. It's May already and the first of the month brings us to a new CAS Mix Up Challenge. Linda is our host this month and she wants to try 'GESSO RESIST'.

GESSO RESIST, SMOOSHED BACKGROUND, DIE CUTS & STAMPING

I was inspired by a video by Kim, who learnt this technique at a Tim Holtz workshop. I used a credit card to gently swipe the gesso on the card. I also used various sized caps to add the circles.  When dry, I smooshed the card in diluted distress inks and Zig Markers. I then stamped the Prima background stamp for some depth. I carefully wiped the gesso with a baby wipe when the ink was dry.
The mini tag and sentiment stamps are from Flora and Fauna and the Dragonfly die from Penny Black. 


We are thrilled to have Pooja joining us as Guest Designer this month!  

I hope you'll join us at CAS Mix Up, adding your CAS, Gesso Resist card to the gallery.  As always, there's a few video tutorials for anyone who would like to check them out.  Hope to see you in the gallery!

I'm also sharing my card at the following challenges:-


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)


14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bright tag. This gorgeous grungy BG complements your dragonflies. Truly a beauty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smooshing And credit cards?! Now that’s a way to create a stunning design apparently. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love this technique for the background and the depth of the stamping! The whimsical dragonflies are a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me so inspired to try the card swipe Gesso technique, Jenny. I LOVE your pretty tag card and color choices with the stamping. TFS the link too. Stay Safe and Creative my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME! I love your colourful tag with the cool design from the gesso. Great details with stamping, circles and gorgeous dragonflies. LOVE those gorgeous colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous creation Jenny - loving your background!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jenny love the randomness of the credit card swipes. Love this technique and will have to join in this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blue gesso resist tag card, Jenny! I love the wonderful and interesting sky you created for your dragonflies! The circles and stamped images add so much interest too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome tag Jenny, love the colours and the stamped circles with the artsy dragonflies. I love your cute sentiment tag too. Your Speckled Gesso turned out very different to mine, my next card is a little like this I was a bit heavy handed on my first try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fab Jenny. Great results from the gesso resist. I love all the different layers too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again ..... forgot to say Thank You for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful mixed media tag/card. The colours, the gesso effect, the stamping and the dragonflies all look fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous Jenny, the blues really caught my eye, lovely design, hugs and stay safe Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Lovely details. So glad you shared with us at CS Take it Make it!

    ReplyDelete