Saturday 16 May 2020

Sail Away


I'm here to remind you about our current Penny Black Saturday Challenge, which is Anything Goes or Optional 'Inspired by a Song' - this was inspired by 'Orinocco Flow (Sail Away)' by Enya.
I think this song is appropriate for these days - I wouldn't mind sailing away, but maybe not on a cruise ship!



I have used Penny Black's 'Out to Sea' die for this card and I had to make 4 die-cuts. I used one die-cut as a stencil to spray the in-laid pieces. I then had to adhere all the bits together, which was a bit messy! I made a black die-cut for the frame, cutting away all the middle bits. Then I cut another one to add a dimensional sail boat in the centre.  The sentiment is from Altenew.


Our Guest Designer this month is Andrea (K and A Creative Moments). You can see Andrea's card and more from our Design Team at our blog.
The prize for this challenge is provided by our generous sponsor:


Prize - $20 voucher!

I'm also sharing my card at the following challenges:-





Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)



8 comments:

  1. Hold the cruise ship idea....LOL x Wonderful card and I love the tones of blues with the crisp white....The spraying looks wonderful too x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jenny - love those blues!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song, beautiful card Jenny!! Now I'll be singing that all day! :) Lovey watercolouring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed it would be lovely to sail away and it's a lovely card but you say it's all die cuts and we are a stamping challenge at PB&M, expectations always mentioned on our challenge posts and rules.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops sorry Brenda. I forgot it had to be the focal point.

      Delete
  5. Well you may have had a messy, fiddly time Jenny, but this is one stunning card - love it! Like you I would give the cruise ships a wide berth at the moment!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card, Jenny! Love the clever way of colouring your die cuts. Wonderful blue colour combination! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FABulous! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Happy Little Stampers May Anything Goes With Dies challenge! We appreciate you joining us!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, HLS Dies Team
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete