Friday 14 August 2020

Fun with Floral Die-cuts

Hi there.  It's the weekend, but that means nothing when you're living in lockdown!  Authorities are 'quietly optimistic' that numbers are decreasing.  Melbourne has probably had stricter restrictions for a longer period than just about anywhere in the world. We are still in Lockdown for another 4 weeks at least, with only essential businesses open. 
I've only left the house a couple of times in the last 5 weeks.  As you can imagine, I'm making lots of cards.

Today I made some smooshed backgrounds and die cut some pretty florals.
I smooshed some Distress Oxides and added some Nuvo Glacier paste. It's hard to see the yummy silver glitter in the pic.  I used silver Distress Stain on the leaves. I arranged the floral die cuts and framed with the scalloped oval die-cut.
Stamp: WPlus9 'Fanciful Feathers'
Dies: All florals from Alexandra Renke; SSS sentiment; MFT 'Stitched Oval Scallop Frame'

Anything Goes




I used the negative space from an Alphabet Die set to make a stencil. I sponged D.O. Speckled Egg and Tumbled Glass on Watercolour paper and spritzed. While  still wet, I sprinkled some Distress Glaze Embossing Powder over some of the background and embossed.  This was matted with another die-cut panel and I die-cut some florals.  I put this together with a burlap bow, button, some very old enamel dots and a die-cut sentiment.
Dies/Stencil: Alexandra Renke Florals & stencil; SSS sentiment; Stamplorations 'Stitched Rectangle'

I'm sharing this card at the following:-
Mid-summer Blues

Summer Memories (I've used beach colours)




This one is self explanatory. I found the pretty ribbon in my stash. 
Dies: Alexandra 'Crocus'; SSS sentiment
Stamp: WPlus9 'Fanciful Feathers'

'B' for Blue



I die-cut the tag and then embossed.  I used D.O. Faded Jeans and Zig Markers for this smooshed background. 
Dies: Alexandra Renke 'Cornflower'; MFT 'Stitched Tags'
Stamps: Clearly Besotted 'Happy Everything'

I'm sharing this tag at the following: 
Tags

'T' for Tag and Thank you

Shabby Chic

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)
                                                        

 

11 comments:

  1. So dreamy and beautiful, Jenny! It’s wonderful to see you try new things and play with techniques. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful work Jenny - loving your smooshed background(s) for the flowers.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations and the colour combinations look fabulous Jenny x. Stay safe and I am so glad the numbers are coming down...Hang on in there x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't keep up with all your creativity, you certainly are making the best use of your lockdown time. These cards are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have been busy. I hope the card creating makes your isolation easier. I love the way you have smooshed the colours onto the cards. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your collection of cards and tag are all lovely, Jenny and the tag you have entered into our challenge at A Vintage Journey is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us and joining in our challenge . x

    I have rewritten my comment as I noticed there were words missing from the one I sent yesterday. What has happened there I have no idea as I reread the comment before sending and it was word perfect at that time! I can only think it be the fault of the 'blogger gremlins'. They seem to be up to their little games again . x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautifully done!
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely fresh looking tag. I love the embossed, edge 'stitched' tag perfect for those pretty inky flowers. Thank you for joining us over at A vintage Journey. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all lovely - so gentle and pretty. Great tag! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have used your time home well Jenny! These are all so pretty with the soft colors and white backgrounds! Love that tag with the slatted embossed background and your smooshed blue flower! thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey! xx

    ReplyDelete