Thursday 9 July 2020

Alcohol Ink Rockpool

I was tempted to get out my Alcohol Inks and play with them today. I'm not meant to, because even with the sliding doors open and wearing a mask, I still get asthma! It makes me very sad, because this is a medium I really love! So I only managed to make one card, before I felt the effects and here it is.



This is my interpretation of this week's theme at CASology Challenge - I thought of the rock-pools my kids used to love playing in when they were young. 

I used a mixture of Tim Holtz, Pinata  and Paper Mill Alcohol Inks and some of them were shimmer and metallic. 

The frame die is from Kaisercraft and the sentiment is from The Ton Stamps.

I'm sharing at the following:



I'm also sharing a card I made for my daughter to give to her boyfriend, who has just moved to sunny Queensland to start a new job.


This is one of a collection of stamps I just received from an amazing designer Lesia Zgharda.

The sentiment is from Stamplorations.   

I'm sharing at the following:-
(Surfing)



                                    Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)
                                          

14 comments:

  1. Oh what a pain not being able to use A I's much... but I hear you, and I have to be careful too, for the same reason.
    Loving your 'rock pool' effect, and your second card is beautiful too.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Asthma Jenny x. Stunning tockpool card and I love the way you interpreted the challenge. Full of movement and a wonderful CAS follow your dreams card x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your alcohol ink card. I just started playing with the alcohol inks, and it's been a bit of a challenge. You inspire me to continue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your cards, and especially love the look of those alcohol inks. The design you achieved is stunning. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two really great cards, but I can't resist alcohol ink so that one is my favourite. How upsetting that it sets off your asthma xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Image, Jenny. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards Jenny, love your alcohol ink one, looks amazing on the blue base. Take care, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! A CAS card that says so much, I suspect he will LOVE the card. I love your first card too, it's gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us in our Sport challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith DT TMR


    Faith my blog

    We would love it if you could display our challenge badge on your blog too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sea wave card is wonderful. Surfers want just such waves. Thanks for joining The Men's Room, Goga

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your choice of sport :-)) Beautiful card.
    Thanks for playing with us at The Male Room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny, both of your cards are fabulous but I am especially loving the first one - it's gorgeous!! I am in awe of your alcohol ink skills. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards! The surfing idea is a good one. I really love the alcohol ink background on the other. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great CAS design.

    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Craft Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two great masculine cards. Thank you for joining us in our Sport challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our future challenges.
    Ma-Mi DT The Male Room

    ReplyDelete