Wednesday 15 July 2020

Penny Black Twofer

Hi there! In my quest for making more than one card with the same stamp, I have 2 cards to share today using Penny Black 'Allegro'.




In this card I used the 2nd generation stamping technique to get lighter coloured flowers in the background.
I used Zigs and yep you guessed it, Nuvo Shimmer Gloss. I used the same markers to make the shimmery frame. I sponged some ink lightly in the background as well. 
The sentiment is Altenew 'Thinking of You'.


I die-cut the circle without a plan, so checked out some old sketches to help me come up with a design. 

I'm glad I found this sketch, because, I often get stuck on the same old look.

I think the embossing folder is from Kaisercraft, the sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and the flower stamps are from Penny Black 'Allegro' - an oldie, but one I seem to use more now than when I bought it. 

I'm sharing my creations at the following:-


Old stamp set & Hydrangea always remind me of my childhood.



                                              Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)
                                          

7 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards! Love the gradient in your colors, such beautiful purple hues! Very artsy looking too. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous flowers, colors and loving the designs!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've used this set well, Jenny! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous flowers and stamping Jenny - your frame is gorgeous and the perfect complement for the first image, and I love the sketch you used on the second beautiful, card.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my fave flowers these cards are so beautiful and loving the contemporary design.Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hydrangeas remind me of my childhood too as my Aunty had many of the in her garden. Both of your cards are so beautiful. I always forget about 2nd generation stamping. It’s worked so well for your card creating depth for the flowers in the background. Love all the shimmer, especially around the frame. I’m always so happy to see you at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beauties Jenny! LOVE that gorgeous hydrangea image. So pretty in your first one with the first and second generation stamping that adds lots of dimension. I can see lots of shimmer on the beautiful watercoloured frame.

    Second card is fabulous. LOVE the dimension from the dry embossed script in the background. Your blooms look so pretty cut in a circle --- lovely colours! And the burlap ribbon is so cool. Adds love of texture. Great work on both cards Jenny! xx

    ReplyDelete